The DrayTek VigorLTE 2862Ln Quad-WAN ADSL2+/VDSL2 WiFi Router features the same specification as the standard Vigor2862 product with the addition of built-in 4G (Cellular/LTE) connectivity, compatible with all UK/Ireland cellular networks (apart from ‘Relish’). As well as connectivity to the 4G (LTE) networks, the Vigor 2862L series provides backward compatibility to 3G networks for areas or networks where 4G isn’t available. Your 3G/4G can provide your sole/primary Internet connection, with optional fallback (backup) to another WAN connection (DSL or Ethernet fed) or 3G/4G can be the backup to your primary DSL/Ethernet connection.
DrayTek VigorLTE 2862Ln Quad-WAN ADSL2+/VDSL2 WiFi Router w/ Load Balancing, VPN & 3G/4G LTE & Embedded SIM (300Mbps N)
- Built-in 3G/4G LTE Cellular Connectivity.
- LTE Speed Up to 150/50 Mbs/s (RX/TX).
- Built-in standard SIM slot.
- 5-Port Gigabit LAN.
- 5 WAN Connectivity methods:
- 3G/4G/LTE (Internal SIM slot).
- 3G/4G/LTE (Optional USB Modem 1).
- Ethernet (RJ45, switchable with LAN P5).
- Wireless WAN (to mobile hotspot, café etc.).
- Send and receive text messages (SMS).
- Send Texts from GUI or Telnet.
- Status reports by SMS (text message).
- Compatible with all main UK/IE 3G/4G Providers.
- Built-in 802.11n Wireless.
Includes two LTE aerials
The DrayTek VigorLTE 2862Ln Quad-WAN ADSL2+/VDSL2 WiFi Router comes with two LTE aerials (antennae) which can rotate and tilt for optimum reception. The included extension bases provide a 1M extension cable to allow optimum positioning, avoiding obstructions, cabinets or equipment. On the DrayTek VigorLTE 2862Ln Quad-WAN ADSL2+/VDSL2 WiFi Router, there are two additional aerials. The WiFi (outer two, white) and LTE aerials (inner two, black) have different plugs to ensure that that the correct socket is used.
The Vigor 2862Ln using 3G/4G cellular connectivity is ideal for:
- Backup to your primary Internet feed (ADSL, cable etc.)
- Providing lower cost broadband than a fixed line solution
- Areas without fixed line broadband access
- Compatible with a wide range of 3G modems/phones
- Temporary Locations
- Mobile Homes
- Locations on the move – coaches, trains
- Fairgrounds and temporary exhibitions
- Outdoor locations (the router and modem itself must be indoors!)
- Disaster Planning and High Availability
Text Message (SMS) Control and Reporting
As a cellular network device, the DrayTek VigorLTE 2862Ln Quad-WAN ADSL2+/VDSL2 WiFi Router takes advantage of text messaging (SMS) to allow remote interrogation and control. Sending a simple command (‘router status’) to the router from a regular cellphone will get an instant reply telling you about the router’s current status, firmware version, each WAN port’s IP address, status and data volumes. Another command (‘router reboot’) enables you to reboot the router remotely. For security, the commands require a password and a whitelist can allow messages only from your specified phones preventing unauthorised persons from being able to send rogue commands. See the screenshot on the right for examples.
The DrayTek VigorLTE 2862Ln Quad-WAN ADSL2+/VDSL2 WiFi Router can also send and receive text messages from its web interface; checking incoming messages allows you to read service messages, for example that you are low on credit but it’s also a quick way to type a message to anyone else’s mobile phone from your web browser. The facility is also useful to confirm your credit balance (for PAYG SIMs) or to use top-up vouchers (where these are accepted by SMS). You can also send text messages from the command line via a telnet connection – more suited for automation/integration.